Montreal, Quebec, Canada
The role of the Technical Support Representative is to provide Genetec’s customers with professional first level technical service assistance on all Genetec products. The candidate will use his strong communication skills and troubleshooting experience to answer all customer inquiries received by phone, email or the web. The candidate will play a key role in Genetec’s commitment to create a positive experience for all its customers.
Roles and Responsibilities :
Working with a leading edge product the candidate will:
• Provide first level technical support on all products, including troubleshooting and documentation of cases.
• Properly document all customer issues in the Genetec trouble ticket system
• Perform follow-ups with customers for calls placed to Genetec’s Technical Assistance Center.
• Have a full understanding of Genetec’s SLA.
• Efficiently understand and be able to escalate complex technical issues to appropriate support departments.
• Respond to customers’ general questions on the product.
• Manage all licensing technical issues.
• Ensure timely resolution of customer issues.
• Ability to function as an independent worker and a team-player within fast-paced environment.
• Technical degree (DEC) or certification in IT/Electronics
• 2 years experience in help desk/tech support/customer service environment
• Fluently bilingual in both French and English.
• Proficient in verbal and written communication skills in both French and English is a must.
• Strong sense of professionalism.
• Patience and ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to listen and to adapt to different personalities and situations.
• Good troubleshooting skills
Technical Requirements :
• Good to superior knowledge of Windows Desktop family and Windows Server family.
• Knowledge of networking principles and the IP protocol
• Knowledge of video surveillance and access control systems
• Experience with PC configuration and troubleshooting with the Windows operating system.
• Knowledge of Spanish
The material contained herein is provided for informational purposes only. All open jobs offered by Genetec on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a group within the company that is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance. The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While Genetec attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting. Genetec reserves the right to transfer applicants details to our recruitment partners. Strict confidentiality will be observed at all times. Genetec is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.