Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Genetec is currently looking for a candidate to fill the position of Field Engineer in its Montreal office to serve customers in the North America region, but not limited. The Field Engineer will provide on-site and off-site professional services to Genetec customers and Partners, including proof-of-concept, staging, on-site/off-site technical support and services, system deployment and commissioning, training, audits, system assessments and will act as a general liaison between Genetec and its customers.
The Field Engineer will also be called to assist the technical support department (GTAC) and the sale force team on new potential projects. The candidate will be responsible for advising, installing, maintaining and supporting the various Genetec solutions remotely and on-site for Genetec clients located in North America and others areas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform installation, audit, assessment, maintenance and support of Genetec systems at client
• Act as a primary on-site and remote technical point of contact for key projects to Genetec’s
• Provide technical support and services on Genetec solutions remotely and properly document
activities in Genetec’s CRM system.
• Develop and maintain a strong relationship with new and existing customers.
• Develop and maintain an extensive working knowledge of Genetec's solutions.
• Properly document issues encountered in the field in the Genetec trouble ticket system.
• Properly document all on-sites activities in the Genetec ERP system.
• Ensure timely escalation of critical customer related issues through proper channels.
• Ensure timely resolution of customer issues.
• Define product and functional requirements based on customer feedback and facilitate new
product development work specific to the Customer.
• Provide an open forum for questions regarding strategic plans, best practices, and advice on
upgrades, special concerns, and ad hoc consulting for software implementation, integration,
training, and change requests.
• Provide reporting as requested by Genetec and the customer.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Possesses strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Ability to listen and to adapt to different personalities and situations.
• Effective organization and time-management skills.
• Experience in Customer Service, Technical Support, Project Management.
• Must possess valid driver’s license and passport.
• Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
• Fluently bilingual in both French and English.
• Excellent administration and troubleshooting knowledge of the various Windows operating
systems (Active Directory, file sharing, IIS, clustering, GPO, performance monitoring, etc.).
• Excellent knowledge of networking principles and IP protocols.
• Experience with networking equipment configuration and troubleshooting (switches, routers,
• Understanding of network storage (SAN, NAS, iSCSI) principles and best practices.
• Understanding of server virtualization concepts.
• Deployment and troubleshooting of security systems such as:
- CCTV (IP cameras and encoders, video matrices, DVRs, etc.).
- Access control systems (reader, controller, wiring, etc.)
- License plate recognition systems and concepts.
• MCSE, CCNA, SQL Server, VMware, or similar technical professional certifications.
• Programming experience with C#, Visual Basic, VBScript, PowerShell, or similar technologies.
• Microsoft SQL Server administration experience.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purposes only. All open jobs offered by Genetec on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a group within the company that is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance. The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While Genetec attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting. Genetec reserves the right to transfer applicants details to our recruitment partners. Strict confidentiality will be observed at all times. Genetec is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.